Frequently Asked Questions
You asked. We answered.
Our founders are an insurance person who knows technology and a technology person who knows insurance. We have built and delivered sustainable, world-class insurance products at global scale. We’ve spent years working with—or being—agents. We understand that insurance is a promise—to provide outstanding service and pay claims fairly in times of need—and that our long term success is built on our ability to deliver on that promise. Technology is one tool we use to make this happen.
We also hold the heretical view that independent agents are here to stay and are core to the future of insurance.
Insurance coverages are provided by Clear Blue Insurance Group, rated A- (Excellent) by AM Best. We only work with established carriers rated A- or better by AM Best.
At this time, no. However, we offer discounts for clients whose other policies are held within the agency.
Our core offering is a homeowners policy that can be used for multiple occupancy types, including primary, seasonal, secondary, and rented to others. The policy offers premium coverage, including features such as guaranteed replacement cost, open perils contents coverage, and high available water backup limits.
A number of factors should be considered when deciding to file a claim.
- Will the damage or cost of repairs exceed the deductible amount?
- Is the home unsafe to live in because of the damage caused by the loss?
- Was anyone injured on the property?
If you have any questions about your policy or filing a claim, please contact your agent or our claims professionals at 888-808-4842.
The deductible is the amount you are responsible for when a loss occurs and is subtracted from the total settlement amount. Unlike some insurance policies that have annual deductibles, homeowners insurance deductibles are per occurrence.
- Protect yourself and your loved ones and call authorities, if needed
- Prevent further damages which may include:
- Stopping the source of the water
- Secure your home by conducting temporary repairs (cover broken windows, doors, exposed areas of roof, etc.)
- If needed, contact a professional to help you protect your home from any additional damages. We have trusted partners, if you need help selecting one.
- File a claim online, call us at 888-808-4842, or contact your agent.
- Take photos and videos to document the loss
- Keep all receipts
Your policy covers Additional Living Expenses (ALE). This means you continue to pay your regular expenses such as your mortgage, and Openly pays/reimburses you for the additional costs you incur as a result of a covered loss.
Our knowledgeable claims adjusters will be your advocate throughout the entire experience. Openly adjusters utilize their knowledge, state of the art technology and trusted network of partners to ensure a tailored, straight-forward claims experience.
We’ve partnered with some of the top contractor networks in the industry to ensure that you have the best options to move forward with your repairs. These partners include mitigation experts to assist after a water loss and general contractors who can be your expert in rebuilding damages.
Two of the main benefits of choosing to use a trusted partner include:
- Guaranteed reputable, local, licensed professionals guiding you through the repair process
- Warranty on all completed work
We pay competitive market rates of commission as a baseline. We also pay extra incentives automatically for policies we believe to be high value, and offer profit sharing for qualifying agencies.
Our sweet spot is homes in the $400k-to-$3M replacement cost range. Underwriting is tied less to traditional flags—pools, dogs, wires, etc.—and more to an overall automated assessment of the client’s loss propensity, based on dozens of factors. Our pricing and underwriting is somewhat contrarian relative to many other carriers. For that reason, we may be the market you need to close a particular client.
There are four main reasons we would be the right fit for a customer:
- Coverage.Our carrier partners offer unique contract/coverage terms that will appeal to customers who care about coverage.
- Service. We are obsessed with delivering an outstanding customer experience, with real, expert, and empathetic human beings available to speak with customers and agents. The net promoter score is a critical metric.
- Ease. We offer a streamlined, modern-feeling experience, from initial quote, to application, to payment, to “my closing date changed.” It feels less like insurance.
- Price. Our pricing model means that despite providing premium coverage, we may be the most competitive price for a customer.
First, see all the reasons we are great for customers. Beyond those reasons, though, we offer agents the following benefits:
- Efficiency. We have blown up existing insurance underwriting processes and started over.
- Less than 30 seconds to a bindable rate in most cases
- Easily customizable coverage
- Simple electronic “check out” rather than pdf application
- Quick endorsement changes effective date
- Close more sales. Our unique coverage features and contrarian view of risk will help you sell to customers you otherwise wouldn’t.
- A modern experience. Your clients want your advice but don’t want hassles that make insurance feel like it’s still 1970. Working with us underscores your agency’s commitment to meeting their evolving needs on their terms.
- Increase referrals. Our unique coverage features, modern experience, and customer focus will cause customers to recommend you to others.
- Zero training required. Our interface is so simple, and coverage is described in such plain English, that you won’t need to go through lengthy staff training sessions. (But we’ll be there anyway in case you need us!)
Still Have Questions?
Our support team is available Monday—Friday, 9am—8pm ET. Chat with us by clicking on the "Chat" button located in the bottom right corner of your screen. You can also call us during our standard business hours or submit a request online 24/7.